- National Chair Clinical Pharmacology Indian Council of Medical Research Govt. of India, President of SAC ACCP
- Member Drug Statistics Methodology Committee WHO
- Acting Vice chancellor, Prof. Head Infectious diseases State health Sciences University. Dean Director Medical Education & Research.
- Prof. Head Clinical Pharmacology G.S. Medical College KEM hospital, Parel, Mumbai, Dean ESI PGIMSR Govt. of India, TNMC, BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Chairman Academic Committee AIIMS. Govt. of India Delhi, member WHO committees for Medicines safety, Product development, steering committee for Macrofil project.
- President Indian Pharmacological Society, Infectious diseases society, India
- Consultant Piramal Life Sciences, Member various Govt. and Non government committees
- Contributions – Over 200 publications, including contributions to WHO technical documents
- Established departments of Clinical Pharmacology under Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai at the Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital and at BYL Nair Hospital
- Over 30, National and International awards for Academics University, college, for research work, most notably Dr. B.C. Roy Award.
- Vasvik award for Industrial research.
- Mayors award for societal contribution.
- Several distinguished orations in academia, government and Industry conferences
- Project Funding from Govt. of India, National Institute of Health, USA and WHO.
Areas of expertise & interest
- Infectious diseases, clinical trials, drug development, therapeutic drug monitoring, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacoepidemiology, regulatory.
- Patented liposomal amphotericin- one of the only drug in India coming from a PPP
- Edited books e.g. regulatory requirements for drug development & clinical research.