- Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy Professor, Pharmacy Practice JSS University SS Nagara, Mysore-570 015, India
- Head Centre of excellence in Clinical Trials Medical College Hospital, JSS University Mysore-570 004, India
Current and Professional Experience
- Jan 2014-Present : Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy JSS University, Mysore
- Nov 2000-Present : Professor, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- July 2000- till date : Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy & Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide
- Apr 1997- Dec 2013 : Head, Clinical Pharmacy Services, JSS Medical College Hospital, Mysore
- Feb 1995-Nov 2000 : Assistant Professor, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore-570 015
- Feb 1996- Feb 1997 : ‘Weary’ Dunlop Fellow in Clinical Pharmacy, Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
- Sept 1993-Jan 1995 : Lecturer, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- Member, Planning Group, Global Vaccine Safety Initiative, World Health Organisation (Nov 2013-Oct 2015)
- President, Asian Association of Schools of Pharmacy(Jan 2014-Dec 2015)
- Team Leader for Pharmacovigilance and Drug Use Evaluation – BRICS Medicines Alliance
- Board of Directors, India representative, Asian Assoc for Schools of Pharmacy (Jun 2008-May 2013)
- Member, Working Group, Pharmacovigilance Program of India, Ministry of Health, Govt. India
- Member, Signal Review Panel, Pharmacovigilance Program of India, Ministry of Health, Govt. India
- Member, Executive Committee, American College of Clinical Pharmacy South Asia Chapter, Mumbai, India
- Coordinator, AMC, Mysore – Pharmacovigilance Programme of India, Ministry of Health, Govt. India
- Group Lead, Special Interest Group – Quality and Safe Use of Medicines, JSSU, Mysore.
- Board of Directors, India representative, Asian College of Clinical Pharmacy(2013-2015)
- Chairman, Ethics Committee, Swami Vivekananda Memorial Hospital, Sargur, Mysore District.
- External expert member of Research Advisory Committee of Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore.
- Member of Academic Advisory Board of St. Peter’s institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal, A P.
- =Founder Member Secretary, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, JSS Hospital, Mysore
- Member, Executive Committee, Indian Society for Clinical Research (2011 -2013)
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy University of South Australia, 1997
- ‘Weary’ Dunlop Fellow in Clinical Pharmacy, Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, 1997
- Ph.D., Kasturba Medical College Mangalore University, 1994
- Master of Pharmacy(Pharmacology), Government College of Pharmacy Bangalore University, 1989
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Government College of Pharmacy Bangalore University, 1987
- “Schroff Memorial National Award 2010” from Indian Hospital Pharmacists Association in recognition of initiating clinical pharmacy services in Indian hospitals
- “Young Pharmacy Teacher of year 2000” Conferred by Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India
- “Distinguished Alumni of the year 2002” of College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Life Time Achievement Award for contribution in India to Patient Care Pharmacy conferred by MedBiz TV
- 19 ‘Best Paper’ or ‘Best Article’ awards
- Primarily responsible for establishing clinical pharmacy services at JSS Medical College Hospital, Mysore which was first of its kind in India and did not exist prior to 1997. Within the Indian pharmacy profession Dr. GP’s name is now synonymous with clinical pharmacy as a result of his leadership role in promoting clinical pharmacy practice and education.
- Dr. G.P. has greatly contributed and is closely involved with the Pharmacovigilance Programme of India (PvPI) and serves as a member of the working group and signal review panel of PvPI.
Areas of Research Interest
- Research focus is on pharmacovigilance particularly relating to antimycobacterials and antiretrovirals. Other research areas of interests include drug use evaluation, medication errors and medication adherence.